Thursday 9 January 2014

HIGH TIDE...

                             World © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved


I walked down to check on the river Roding last night. John from the Wanstead Golf Club had been advised by the Enviroment Agency that there was going to be a very high water level in the river last night. I headed back to the same spot where I photographed the river from in December last year, that is the bridge where the A12 crosses the river near the Redbridge roundabout. I have to say that at night everything was a lot more dramatic, the water level was very high and really rushing under the bridge but thankfully no sign of it spilling over. As a matter of local interest John told me that the bridge I was on was the site of the original 'Red Bridge'.

No comments:

Post a Comment