Monday 3 March 2014

I'M HOPING..

World © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved
I took this photograph of Alexandra Lake, Wanstead Flats in May last year, a classic, lovely scene. I checked the lake out again a few days ago to see how the rain had affected it. As you can see from the pictures below it has changed a lot. The edge of the lake that was about 6 or 7 meters from the pavement is now lapping the edge of it! I assume the ground is so saturated in can't absorb any more, it didn't however deter the Saturday morning football teams and the joggers. The photographs were taken from roughly the same spot to give you some indication, I'm hoping this will be the last wet weather picture for some time but I double it.

  World © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved

    World © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment