Tuesday 18 November 2014

UNSETTLING...

    World © Geoff Wilkinson - All rights reserved


As you can see these trees in Nelson Road have had a bit of a 'haircut'. Although it give's a different view of The Clock Tower in the old hospital building the scene unsettled me a little. It was early evening, raining and the street was deserted when I took this picture. The solitary remaining branch reaching out into the overcast sky reminded me of an illustration in very scary childrens book. I can't remember which one, it was a very long time ago, but it definitely looks like an old witches claw..... note to self 'stay out of empty streets at night'...

2 comments:

  1. It reminds me of Edward Scissorhands! Lovely moody shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are quite right. I was thinking of something much older but Edward S will do nicely.

      Delete